International Baccalaureate Program
"The IB builds on the most important knowledge, wisdom and ways of knowing from the past; engages seriously with the trends, promises and tribulations of the 21st century; and, most importantly, ponders how we might achieve the kind of world in which we would all like to live--sane, peaceful, sustainable. ...the IB asks, 'To what ends shall we put our knowledge?'"
- Professor Howard Gardner, Harvard University
The International Baccalaureate (IB) Program is a rigorous advanced course of study that is used around the world. Students at International Baccalaureate® (IB) World Schools are given a unique education.
- be encouraged to think independently and drive their own learning
- take part in programmes of education that can lead them to some of the highest ranking universities around the world
- become more culturally aware, through the development of a second language
- be able to engage with people in an increasingly globalized, rapidly changing world.
IB World School students develop strong academic, social and emotional characteristics. They are also likely to perform well academically – often better than students on other programs.
Our programs help IB students:
- ask challenging questions
- think critically
- develop research skills proven to help them in higher education.
IB programs also encourage students to be active in their communities and to take their learning beyond academic study. They are encouraged to try different approaches to learning and to take responsibility for their own educational progress.
It's also been proven that students on the IB Diploma Programme (DP) are likely to enroll at top universities, and students on the Middle Years Programme (MYP) outperform other students in a number of areas.
The IB program at Harding is divided into three programs:
- International Baccalaureate (IB): Middle Years Program (MYP)
- International Baccalaureate (IB): Diploma Program (DP)
- International Baccalaureate (IB): Career Program (CP)
All 9th and 10th grade Harding students are part of the MYP, while just over 50% of our 11th and 12th graders participate in the Diploma and Career Programs.
Please follow the links and tabs on this page to learn more about Harding's IB MYP, DP and CP!